Friday, July 17, 2009

sew in the city.

Atlanta Women's Shoes Examiner

"New York street style - from heel to toe."

July 17, 3:32 PM

Last week I took a trip to New York City and walked down every street from 135th in Harlem to Canal Street in China Town, Broadway in Soho and 42nd street in Time Square; from the subway to the underground clubs. As I walked, I studied the footwear of everyone that brushed shoulders with me (even Bruce Willis), and of the millions of people I encountered, they were all wearing the same street style : bohemian strappy/cut-out sandals .

Not one New Yorker had the same pair of sandals on, but they all were wearing the same silhouette (the same style I wrote about last week). Buckles, jewels, studs, ties, in all different colors. 

So, follow my shoe style advice, as well as New Yorkers: throw away those boring Old Navy flippy flops, and get yourself a pair of these fashion-forward sandals. Your feet will thank you.

And you won't even have to break your bank. You can find these styles at DSW, Urban Outfitters, Top Shop, Steven Madden, Forever21, Bakers, and Traffic for super cheap. 

Read my blog here

1 comment:

hayden said...

hey dear :) why can i not find the "follow" button so i can keep up with your blogs easier? i'm confused :( i want to see your posts on my dashboard.