Thursday, June 11, 2009

sew not gonna happen in my world.

Atlanta Women's Shoes Examiner
You can shave my head, but not my heels. 
Thursday, June 11th, 2009 Keep Reading »

So today I took my shoes off and just completely directed all my fashion attention to the fashion blogs that I follow hourly like my mere bible.. which came to be a huge mistake, and I put my heels right back on!

I have read some serious devastating reports; I mean, with this news, my sky could very well fall, and it seems like it is going to fall in the season of Fall: "insanely high heels are on their way out of shoe fashion season come the next few months."

Wait. What!

I mean, Spring '09 heels seemed as if they were reaching new fashion heights proudly from Roger Vivier's, Dolce & Gabanna, Christian Louboutin's 8 inch heels, and even Nina Ricci's 12 inch heels, but now, Vena Cava, Calvin Klein, and Marc Jacobs all debuted flats in their 2010 resorts, and even stylists and high fashionistas are purposely sticking their heels in cracks and ripping them off for Fall '09. 

            Vena Cava                         Calvin Klein                         Marc Jacobs

 

Andre Leon Talley states: "Designers with an obsession for towering torture chambers, often poorly designed for the well-being of the foot, must get a reality check. I, for one, am over the mania for high, high heel. Too many career women look like a herd of fashion beasts, aping one another in impractical shoes."

Even Patricia Fields, stylist for Sex & the City, is 'tired' of the heavy, over-the-top heels. The queen of funky eccentric fashion wants to simplify! "I am getting tired of these heavy hoes. I'm ready for nice, refined shoes. I'm wanting that simplicity. But that's just a feeling."

Well I personally pray that's a feeling they all just get over, because I season without high heels? 

Fashion is high heels, and high heels are fashion. Our heels should stay 5 inches off the ground, don't you agree. 

http://www.examiner.com/x-12390-Atlanta-Womens-Shoes-Examiner

No comments: