Saturday, June 20, 2009

sew blown away.

Atlanta Women's Shoes Examiner
"stupid, ugly CROCS." that was so last year.

Two years ago, I remember joining a group on Facebook - "I Don't Care How Comfortable Crocs Are, You Look Like A Dumbass." I've never been a fan of the "holey turtle feet, boat-sized, now decorated with cute cheesy snap on's" CROCS. To be honest, I personally think they just look ridiculous, especially when paired with jeans and a t-shirt. If you're in the nursing/doctor scrubs field, gardening, fishing, whatever other activity you would consider CROCS a must to wear, that's acceptable. But when worn as "fashion," I cannot accept the overly used excuse "but they're comfortable." Sorry. Comfortable and light? Perhaps; I've personally never put a CROC on my foot in my entire life. But stylish? Well, to swallow my words hard and painfully, yes, now they are. 

I went to the mall the other day, and instead of going my normal route, only bee-lining it to the stores I only shop at, I decided to take a detour and go down a side branch, you know, the branches of the mall with the stores you never really actually acknowledge because you're only determined to get to the food court or leave.. Well, I went down one with an open mind. Perhaps to open, because I passed the store that made me put my foot in my mouth. I passed the CROC store. (I mean, I never even knew a kind of shoe store existed; only specifically selling CROCS) And saw this in the window.

    

These aren't CROCS! These are flats! that come in various pretty spring colors and stylish prints/designs. And they're actually kinda cute!

So, I decided to keep the open mind, swallow my fashion ego, take a deep breath, and walk in... and to my surprise, I discovered the CROC World. A shoe world I had never even known about; one I was persistent in staying ignorant about. 

And as I looked around.. I discovered entirely new CROC shoe breeds. Open-toed wedged CROCS! Open-toed heeled CROCS! Mary-jane CROCS! and came in almost every color ever desired! 

 $39.99

 $49.99

 $49.99

 $49.99

 $39.99

Maybe I'm too late in reporting this shoe world, for my ignorance got the best of me, but I'm seriously taken back by my discovery of the CROC shoe world. I'll now admit, CROCS are not just CROCSanymore. They're comfy, light, AND stylishCROCS, on record, are the new high heel.

(However, as enlightened as I was, I did not put a single CROC on my foot, and still won't. I just can't do it.)

(And one more thing: I don't really know when is the appropriate season to wear CROCS? I mean, for summer, wouldn't your feet get hot and sweaty? And for the winter, your feet would get too cold due to the rubber material? So wear socks? and that's fashionable? I think not.)

See & Read my blog here

No comments: