Thursday, May 21, 2009

sew sassy!

Rain, Rain, PLEASE GO AWAY!
I have literally been stranded in my own apartment this entire week.
No work, No sun, No 'fun' for me. This has got to stop. 
I am so bored that I actually went to the local book store and bought some books to read. 
And I think I have seen every "Wife Swap" episode ever recorded. 
I have not been fashiony this entire week, I don't even think I have put on a pair of shoes, and that's sayin' something. 

Well, these heels are about the only excitement I'm going to feel/see this week. 
                     Roger Vivier                                                     Roger Vivier                                                 Pierre Hardy














                   Bruno Frisoni                                                 Roger Vivier*                                     Alexander McQueen












I've noticed that a lot of designers are using HOT metallic colors like HOT PINK & NEON TURQUOISE.
as well as using A LOT of leather, and other materials such as satin, feathers & sequins. 
*I definitely want to find a knock-off of this fushia ankle bootie. I'll let you know when I do. 

BUT did you hear that Patricia Fields is 'tired' of these heavy, over-the-top heels. 
Did you just yell "WHAT THE HELL" in your head like I did when I read this. 
She thinks it's time to simplify shoes & heels again. 
The queen of funky crazy eccentric fashion wants to 'simplify.' ??
"I am getting tired of these heavy shoes. I’m ready for nice, refined shoes. I’m wanting that simplicity. But that’s just a feeling."
Well, I pray that's just a feeling she gets over, because the Sex & the City sequel better not be affected!

Well, back to twitter. ha ha. http://twitter.com/sewbrunette
stephanie & I agree on this: 
twitter is like a great boyfriend. never ignores me and is always there to listen to my thoughts & feelings. 

Oh, and I wanted to add this quote from the book I'm reading:
"There is a freedom is knowing your place in the world."
sew very true to me. 
my place: wearing & walking in high heels, duhh. :)

peace&love

No comments: